Light FM is a Christian radio station, owned and operated by the Communications Department of the South England Conference of Seventh-day Adventists with operational management by Mike Johnson. He says, “Our name is an expression of our purpose. We recognise that there are people in our towns and cities who are going through situations which to them represent dark days; we want to bring some light into their lives; to show them an alternative and better way. Jesus said He’s “the light of the world” and that’s the light we are presenting, through music.”
Statement of beliefs
- The Bible is God’s inspired Word to mankind.
- There is one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, to whom equal honour is due.
- Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, and rose again from the dead.
- Christ ascended back into heaven, to represent us before the Father.
- He will return for his own, at a time not revealed.
- Man must be born again, by accepting Christ as his personal Saviour.
- God’s gift of life through Christ is available to all and received through faith.
Mike has been promoting Gospel concerts, managing artists, and producing recording and radio projects for the past 30 years. In that time he was the first to bring 10-time Grammy Winners, Take 6 to the UK, long before their immense talents were recognised by the wider public. Through Number Seven Promotions, he built a reputation for producing innovative concerts, using the power of music as a mean of impressing spiritual truths in the minds of concert goers. He has managed a number of UK artists such as Exodus, Praise, Ullanda Alexander, and 3D and has Executive Producer credits on projects by Praise, 3D, and Luton Gospel Community Choir. He’s a radio broadcaster and co-founder of Adventist Radio Milton (ARMK), for which he won the Andrew Cross Award in 2000 for the series, “Favourite Hymns.” In addition to ARMK, he has produced religious programmes for Cable Radio Milton Keynes, Splash Radio.